Friday, 30 March 2007
New Pregnancy Checklist: 10 Things to Do
There are many thoughts that may run through your head when you find out you're expecting: At last! Oh no, not again! Why me? I'm so blessed. A whole nine months? Hooray, maternity leave! Here comes the fat chick. Who's the daddy? Perhaps none, maybe all of the above.
But there are loads of things you should do, so many in fact that you're probably feeling drained already. Here's our top 10 Things to do when you find out you're pregnant (and you're planning to keep the baby):
1. Quit smoking. Now. Seriously, there's no better reason.
2. Announce it. To the daddy, to a friend, to a doctor. Somebody else has gotta know!
3. Go buy the book. It's the ultimate guide to What to Expect.
4. Eat healthier. It's not just folic acid and Omega 3 supplements.
5. Go window shopping. Being a hot mama takes planning.
6. Bookmark pregnancy sites. You need advice you can trust.
7. Get active. Your baby, and your body, will thank you for it.
8. Budget. The cost of a child is the cost of a lifetime.
9. Start a photo journal. You'll be amazed by your changing body.
10. Take a break. A pregnant body needs rest and lots of pampering. Indulge!
Comment board: What are your Top 10 tips for mamas-in-progress? What was the first thing you did when you found out you were pregnant?